It’s Indie games-a-go-go this week as we are offered an eclectic mix of new titles available from independent developers for Wii U. If, however, you prefer something more mainstream, then 3DS owners are in for a treat with a 3D take on one of the Sega Genesis’ greatest titles! Anyway, enough with my rambling… read on!
Wii U eShop
- The Bridge – $9.99 – This excellent little puzzler has been available for PC for some time now and has earned critical acclaim for its unique M.C Escher inspired visual design and puzzles. Taking full advantage of Wii U GamePad’s touchscreen, this is a welcome addition to the eShop and a must for any puzzle fan.
- Factotum – $9.99 – Another puzzler, this time requiring you to take control of two robots that must work together in order to repair their ship. Again, a must for any puzzle fan, but maybe not for those who dislike the color green, given that most of the game is played out as if on an old green-screen factory monitor.
- Mortor Melon – $5.99 – Crazy, fruity, physics based puzzler with the humble melon as the game’s protagonist. Need I say more?
- Woah Dave!– $4.99 – As we reported last week, the big screen version of the 3DS platformer is finally here for Wii U. Inspired by the likes of Atari and early arcade games, Whoa Dave! revives your need to be that all-important first name on the high score table. Earn your bragging rights and download today, all for less than five bucks!
- Crab Cakes Rescue – $7.99 – You wait for one puzzle game to come along and look what happens: four turn up at once! Yes, another puzzler pitting you against 100 levels of crazy crabby shenanigans, requiring you to shed your skin in order to aid your escape from each mind-boggling level.
Wii U Virtual Console
- Genghis Khan II: Clan of Grey Wolf $9.99 – Previously released on the Wii Virtual Console, the Wii U version is now available and offers much the same in the way of gameplay. A fun, historical strategy game born of the SNES era, the title tasks players with conquering the world as the Mongol leader himself.
- Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising – $7.99 – Intelligent Systems’ second installment of their amazing warfare strategy series is the Game Boy Advance game of choice on virtual console this week. The title picks up straight after the fist game and offers new units and strategies into the already amazing formula.
- 3D Gunstar Heroes $5.99 – There were only a handful of Sega Genesis games that made me want to switch over to the dark side and leave my beloved Nintendo behind. This was one of them! The iconic and insanely brilliant run-and-gun shooter makes its 3D debut on 3DS, with some additional options to boot, such as double life and mega life to aid players in getting to the end of this incredible, yet challenging game.
Wii U and Nintendo 3DS Promotions
Up to 66 percent off Capcom games including Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, from 9 a.m. PT on Aug. 24 to 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 31.
Wii U eShop Promotions
- Life of Pixel – Reduced from $9.99 to $6.99 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 3.
- Ping 1.5+ – Reduced from $4.99 to $3.99 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 3.
- Super Destronaut – Reduced from $1.99 to $0.99 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 3.
- Tilelicious: Delicious Tiles – Reduced from $5.99 to $2.99 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 10.
3DS eShop Promotions
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked – Reduced from $29.99 to $19.99 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 24.
- Aqua Moto Racing 3D, Snow Moto Racing 3D and Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D – All on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 3.
- Senran Kagura Burst – Reduced from $29.99 to $19.99 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Sept. 15.