Ubisoft Will No Longer Produce Starlink Toys

Future updates will be wholly digital.

By Robert Marrujo. Posted 04/05/2019 19:30 Comment on this     ShareThis

It was over before it even truly began, sadly. Ubisoft’s Starlink: Battle for Atlas is an open-world (or perhaps galaxy is a better word?) game that features spaceships and matching toys. The game was an attempt to capitalize on the void left behind by series like Skylanders and Disney Infinity, two franchises which revolved around the toys-to-life concept of integrating real-world figurines with in-game, on-screen interactions. Starlink is actually really fun, but Ubisoft has declared that the title’s sales figures “fell below expectations,” thus scuttling plans for any further physical toys.

That said, all hope is not lost for the franchise. Starlink is indeed a fun game, but it’s arguably best played on Switch, where fans are able to take advantage of the exclusive Star Fox content on that platform. The inclusion of Fox McCloud and friends helped to make the Switch version of Starlink the best-selling one, where it outsold the PS4 and Xbox One iterations by a huge proportion at 82 percent compared to the other two systems’ 18 percent. So, while new toys might not be forthcoming, the April update that’s being prepped will still bring a bevy of fresh content and features— including more Star Fox (see above!).

Are you disappointed by Starlink’s underperformance? Share your thoughts on social media and in the comments!

Source: Ubisoft

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Log In 0 points Log in or register to grow your Ninja Score while interacting with our site.
Nintendojo's RSS Feeds

All Updates Podcast
News Comments
Like and follow usFacebookTwitter Friend Code Exchange + Game with Us Join the Team!