The Pokémon Company Rebrands DeNA as Pokémon Card D Studio

Changes are underway for a new venture!

By Alexia Huizar. Posted 05/06/2024 20:34 Comment on this     ShareThis

The Pokémon Company and DeNA have announced a title change to DeNA Digital Production Co., Ltd. They have decided to rebrand as the Pokémon Card D Studio. Those in charge of the sudden change are Tetsuya Iguchi, President of DeNA Co, Ltd, Keira Hirobe, Director from The Pokémon Company, and Keith Watanabe, Director from DeNa Co. Ltd. This change allows them to become a new subsidiary company that will focus on the development and support for the upcoming mobile title PokémonTrading Card Game Pocket.

What we know so far about the upcoming release of the app is that players will be allowed to open two digital packs of cards for free daily. Players will be able to grow their virtual collection, trade amongst other players and friends, and engage in online Pokémon battles, all simulating the experience of collecting and playing the original physical Pokémon TCG. As part of sparking engagement, the cards artwork will also be interactive, allowing players to explore closely the details of each.

As this change developers, DeNA will continue to own 66.6 percent of the new subsidiary while The Pokémon Company continues to own the other 33.4 percent.

Source: DeNA Website & Nintendo Life

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Log In 0 points Log in or register to grow your Ninja Score while interacting with our site.
Nintendojo's RSS Feeds

All Updates Podcast
News Comments
Like and follow usFacebookTwitter Friend Code Exchange + Game with Us Join the Team!