Today wasn’t only about the consoles, it was about the games, too. We have a smattering of video, images, and tidbits about some of your most anticipated games from the 3DS’ launch window, and today we are happy to share these with you! On this page, we share with you Nintendo’s first-party marquee titles. Read/look away!
- More than 20 breeds to choose from, breed choices once again depend on version bought
- “Life like” puppies and kittens look better than ever in 3D
- Facial recognition allows a pet to easily identify its owner
- Share puppies and kittens using StreetPass
- AR feature allows your pet to do things such as walk on a table or in your hand
- Soar through the skies of tropical Wuhu Island in a plane, rocket belt, or hang glider
- “Hours of high flying fun” with mission mode and free flight mode
- Mii support
- Save photos to 3DS photo album and share with others
- Promises a “feel and style of play never seen in an aerial sports game”
- Use touch screen controls to move through undersea, 3D environments
- Missions and time attack mode
- “Periscope Strike” allows you to control the periscope by rotating your body (take that, Kinect!)
- 2 player local competitive multiplayer, called “Steel Commander”
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
- Ocarina of Time. In 3D. In your hands. Do we really need to tell you any more?
- Inventory at bottom screen, now touch based
- First person view (boomerang, bow and arrow, etc) now can be controlled using gyro sensor
- Updated visuals, of course. Seriously, compare these screens to the original.
Kid Icarus: Uprising
- Kid Icarus returns in this 3D adventure
- Gameplay “easy to pick up but incredibly deep,” promising to satisfy novices and longtime fans alike
- Weapons, items, and upgrades allow for a deep experience
- Player can choose between blades, claws, and an orbitar weapon
- Blades well-balanced, claws have limited distance but increase running speed, orbitars can shoot two shots that increase in power over distance
Star Fox 64 3D
- The N64 classic, updated in 3D
- New multiplayer dogfight mode, over local wireless
- New score attack mode
- New unspecified features “allow first-time players to enjoy the excitement of Star Fox”
Animal Crossing (pending title)
- Tom Nook!
Paper Mario (pending title)
- RPG elements!
Mario Kart (pending title)
- Mario characters!
- Racing in vehicles!
- Some kind of multiplayer!
Up next: third party titles, hardware photos, trailers, system demos, and other teasers! Stay tuned!