Project X Zone revealed as the new Capcom/Sega/Namco Bandai project
Famitsu has finally lifted the lid on the upcoming 3DS collaboration project between Sega, Capcom and Namco Bandai as Project X Zone (pronounced Project Cross Zone).
According to Andriasang, Project X Zone is a strategy RPG featuring characters from all three developers who will pair up for fighting scenes.
These are the current characters pairings:
– Ryu & Ken (Street Fighter 0)
– X and Zero (Mega Man)
– Demitri and Dante (Darkstalkers and Devil May Cry)
– Chris and Jill (Resident Evil)
– Shinguji Sakura and Ogami Ichiro (Sakura Wars)
– Pai and Akira (Virtua Fighter)
– Kurt and Riela (Valkyria Chronicles)
– Ulala and Touma (Space Channel 5 and Shining Force EXA)
From Namco Bandai:
– Sanger Somvold (Super Robot Wars)
– Jin and Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken)
– Kos-Mos and T-elos (Xenosaga)
– Yurie and Estel (Tales of Vesperia)
– Kaito and Black Rose (.hack)
If that doesn’t whet your appetite, it’s also been confirmed that there will be more characters revealed very soon, with the first gameplay trailer coming later this month. Project X Zone is currently slated for release later this year.
No Wii U dev kit for Suda 51 yet…
Suda 51, our favourite off-the-wall developer and creator of No More Heroes, apparently hasn’t been given a Wii U development kit yet. Speaking to Nintendo Life at PAX East this past weekend, Suda also revealed that he may not even work on Wii U. When asked if it was something he was looking to get hold of, he replied:
“It’s hard to say. Maybe, maybe not. It’s really depending on publishers. We are developers, so it’s up to a publisher.”
Come on, Nintendo! Get those dev kits out!
Pandora’s Tower gets new launch trailer
Rejoice, Europeans! It’s only two more days until Pandora’s Tower is released, so why not pass the time with a brand new launch trailer? Find out the source of Elena’s mysterious curse and have a gander at some of the game’s whip-tastic gameplay.
Official Nintendo Magazine have also published their in-depth interview with developers Ganbarion about their inspirations for the game, such as eating lunch on the bullet train, so go and check that out too.
Source: Nintendo and ONM.