It’s been a while since we heard anything about Kid Icarus: Uprising, but the 3DS game due on March 23 is finally getting some more press. Here, Nintendo indicates what we pretty much knew about the story already (Medusa and her army try to take over the world; Palutena and Pit are all, “no way, dudes”), but also talks about some pretty interesting stuff down in the bullet points. Pit will pull a Star Fox and hit the
Landmaster Tank various vehicles strewn about the world, and as we know, his game will come with a stand to help players do it. Players will control Pit with the circle pad in their left hands and styli in their right– and if they’re left-handed, well, they’ll have to purchase a Circle Pad Pro. (Being left-handed, I cry for this turn of events.)
All in all, the game looks pretty exciting! It’s certainly no Star Fox 64 3D. Check out screenshots and the full press release below. You’ll want to– there are space krakens, Exo Tanks, and plentiful views of our angelic hero to tide you over till March 23. (There’s also what appears to be “Dark Pit.” Hmmm.)
Nintendo News: New Story and Single-Player Mode Details Revealed for Kid Icarus: Uprising
REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Nintendo has revealed new details about the storyline and single-player game play in Kid Icarus™: Uprising, which will launch exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS™ system on March 23. More than 25 years after the launch of the original Kid Icarus game for NES™, Kid Icarus: Uprising brings the action and adventure of this beloved series to new heights.
- Introduction: The game’s story begins with the return of the dark goddess Medusa and her Underworld Army. With the help of Palutena, goddess of light and guardian of the human race, the heroic angel Pit must combat the forces of darkness as he battles Medusa and her minions by air and by land.
- Fiend’s Cauldron: The Fiend’s Cauldron is an incredible new system that allows players to customize their play experience by adjusting the intensity level. Intensity ranges from 0.0 – 9.0 for each individual Chapter. As the intensity increases, players will be able to earn more Hearts and more powerful weapon drops from defeated enemies. Hearts also can be used to purchase new weapons. The standard intensity setting is 2.0, but players can precisely adjust it by increments of 0.1. In order to increase the intensity, players must bet by placing an increasing number of Hearts into the Fiend’s Cauldron. If the player is defeated during the Chapter, some Hearts will be lost and the intensity will be lowered.
- Weapons: A wide variety of collectible weapons offers an extraordinary amount of replay value. With nine different categories of weapons, ranging from Bows to Claws, players can learn the unique characteristics of each weapon and determine which is best suited for each battle and their style of play.
- Vehicles: During certain parts of his adventure, Pit will have access to special vehicles such as the Exo Tank. Pit can use the tank’s powerful drift ability to boost over jumps or defeat enemies with the tank’s ramming horn.
- Stand: Kid Icarus: Uprising uses a control scheme designed to fit the game’s unique blend of flight, shooting and melee combat, and offers tremendous precision and depth for dedicated players. The left hand uses the Circle Pad while the right hand uses the stylus. Every copy of the game will come with a free stand that holds the Nintendo 3DS at an angle above any flat surface, providing players with a new kind of gaming experience.
- Circle Pad Pro: Kid Icarus: Uprising is compatible with the Circle Pad Pro accessory, offering an alternate control scheme for left-handed players. With the Circle Pad Pro, players hold the stylus in their left hand and use the Circle Pad with their right hand.
Additionally, consumers who pre-order at select retailers will receive a bonus download code for the 3D Classics: Kid Icarus™ game, a re-mastered 3D version of the NES original. The download code will be delivered with the purchase of Kid Icarus: Uprising. A deposit may be required for pre-order. Kid Icarus: Uprising will carry a suggested retail price of $39.99 in the United States.
More details about Kid Icarus: Uprising will be revealed prior to its March 23 launch. For more information, please visithttp://kidicarusuprising.nintendo.com.