Espeon200
Nintendojo
Total Posts: 500
Since: May 18th, 2009
Send a message via AIM to Espeon200
Dojo-Show-Go! Episode 94: Point of Order

Dojo-Show-Go! Episode 94: Point of Order

Summary
Itís our first show after the Nintendojo Redesign! Itís our E3 2010 Predictions episode! Yes, itís a show of epic proportions, and epic corrections. Dig it.

You can send in feedback to showmail at nintendojo dot com or twitter.com/nintendojo!

Quote:
Originally Said by Old Man
Master using it and you can have this

June 20th, 2011
#2 | Link
Lukeysounds
Total Posts: 55
Since: June 1st, 2009
Rant
Obviously PS3 won E3. But more importantly Nintendo is shooting themselves in the FOOT! Nintendo is coming out with the "New" generation console. But is it really that much better than the rest? Yeah.. it has a neat controller, but will it force me to switch from my PS3 to the Wii U? I do not think so. I left the Nintendo Wii because of the poor games they were coming out with. Yes Mario, Zelda, blah blah.. same games that everyone loves, that I have grown out of are just not the same to me anymore. And I have a feeling that what happend with the Wii, is going to happen with the Wii U AGAIN. Why are these 3rd Party developers going to want to try and make something different for the Wii U, when they can just make there normal game on the system they already know, instead of having to figure out how to use the damn controller in the game again. Yeah.. it could be cool, but all the people that wanted to play the fun games, aka Infamous, Resistence, Call of Duty, Red Dead, Grand Theft Autos, Good sports game not counting Tiger Woods because that was actually good for Wii, Bio Shock, Dead Space, the list goes on and on and on and on.. I don't think the Wii U will bring back those people.. because even if they do start to get all of the "hardcore" games back.. the people that left, are most likely not coming back. And then in 2+ more years, Sony and XBox will be coming out with something newer and better. I am not going to lie, the system did look really cool (Wii U), but there is NO WAY I would go buy one until I saw everything, and absolutly knew what games are coming out, and that they had something that we have never seen from a console game. But what I see it as honestly.. is a HUGE Nintendo DS.. You have your top screen, and you have your bottom screen. And I am sure that is what mostly it will be used for.. Top will be your main screen, and your bottom will be for menus etc. Thank god for Mario, Metroid, and Zelda or Nintendo would be out of business. Oh, and the 3DS played it for the 1st time the other night.. played Street Fighter.. wasn't impressed.. yeah it was neat, but meh. Well that was my rant!!! AND IM BACK! I am finally working somewhere where I can listen to headphones a few times a week! . I can listen again! But in conclusion, Wii U is dropping the ball, and if they want to really sell it.. make it 200 dollars, and put a Blu Ray in it, and I would really think about buying it because I wouldn't mind having two blu rays!!!! Maybe as well if they brought back the Conduit series and made a 3rd one! lol. I am not spell checking or re reading this, so deal with it!

LUCAS

June 21st, 2011
#3 | Link
poptart
Total Posts: 168
Since: June 13th, 2009
Welcome back Luckey, though I didnt realize you were gone in the first place. There is one point that I want to get across about the Wii U now that you mention it Luckey. People have been slamming it including well known media outlets that represent themselves as the videogame go to guys. They say that the power of the wii u will be underwhelming and that these next gen systems will make the Wii U obsolete.

I ask you this, what will these next gen systems bring to the table that the Wii U does not? Graphics nowadays are photorealistic. Games are in the neighborhood of $60 up from the $50 price tag that last gen carried. AAA games that use expensive engines and strong AI are costly to develop. 10 or 20 million give or take. I applaud Nintendo for giving us an HD system that wont bring development costs past the stratosphere. I for one am not buying games at $70 a pop because my next gen system warrants it.

If Microsoft and Sony are smart, which they are by the way, they will extend this generation by another 5 years or so. And with the power that the PS3 still possesess under its hood and Microsoft spending millions advertising kinect, why would they even try?

June 21st, 2011
#4 | Link
Lukeysounds
Total Posts: 55
Since: June 1st, 2009
Well it could be smart of them to wait another 5 years, but you just never know what these companies have up their sleeves with new inovative VIDEO GAME MACHINES! But I am just confused because the Wii was the real competitor with the PS3 and the 360... and it did REALLY well... but... like I said everyone that wanted the great 3rd party games and 1st party games for PS3 and 360 they have switched. And now.. they are making a system that now competes graphically, with another gimick controller.... will the millions of the older generation that already bought a Wii go buy this?? I doubt it. Will the people that switched to ps3 and 360 go out and buy a system that is going to be on the same level?? Doubt it.. I think they are going down a death slope right now and not looking good for them in my opinion. I could def be wrong, but... The Wii was def a great and new idea... but this... is just Meh. I hope I am wrong because I honestly think it looks pretty neat, and could do some cool stuff.. but its just WAYYY to late to the party to bring something that isn't much different than the 5 year old 360 and ps3. :/.

June 22nd, 2011
#5 | Link
poptart
Total Posts: 168
Since: June 13th, 2009
I could see the market playing itself to what you are suggesting but it can also take a dramatic turn like it did this generation and Nintendo could have another runaway hit. The market is healthy enough for three manufacturers which has been proven thus far. My feelings are that graphics will not see a huge improvement with these so called next gen systems that everyone wanted Nintendo to usher us into. Last gen caused countless development parties to either go kapup or merge in order to survive. Whats gonna happen next gen when costs increase. Downloadable content increases while physical media drops is what could happen.